COCO JOHNSEN - LOS ANGELES COUTURE WITH JEFF LINETT [#4]
Where are you from? I am from North Carolina
- What inspired you to be a designer? I spent several years as a model and a flight attendant traveling around the world to South Africa,Milan,Sweden,London etc. and I wanted to change my career path and decided to attend F.I.D.M. in Los Angeles,C.A. to study fashion. I secured several investors and was sponsored to do my first show for Mercedes Benz fashion week in Los Angeles and received great reviews. I currently design 1 collection per year in Los Angeles.
- Who is your favorite designer? I really like the work of Alexander Mc Queen and I continue to respect his work and was very sad at his passing. I also like the work of Oscar De la Renta, Valentino & Michael Kors
- Did you study fashion design? Yes,I studied Interior Design and Fashion Design
- How or what was the next step towards making your inspiration into a brand? The first step is to decide what kind of customer you want to design for and which stores you want the brand to be presented to.
- How long have you been doing this line? 4 years
- What was your inspiration for your current designs / line? I recently finished " La Temptress Collection S/S 2012.The Inspiration was a temptress woman who seduces men with her elegant way of wearing her clothes.The woman wears a lot of red,which means she wants to be seen.
- So how are things going? What is next? The Brand is doing well and our online website www.cocojohnsenboutique.com and I have just opened the first Sample Sale Ecommerce Ebay store www.cocojohnsenshop.com
- Any advice for young designers? Set your goals high,stay true to your self and believe in your vision and don't listen to the people who will tell you that you can't make it happen.Keep going until you reach your goals.
PHOTOGRAPHED BY JEFF LINETT THEJLC.COM